Donald Trump Posts AI Photo Of Hormuz As “New US Territory”, Says All Mines Removed

In a risk to say sovereignty over the crucial chokepoint that has been shut down by Iran, US President Donald Trump on Tuesday posted a map on his Fact Social, depicting the Strait of Hormuz as “new US territory”.

This isn’t the primary time Trump has raised the concept of a US takeover. On Friday, he mentioned in a light-hearted method that he would quickly declare it to be US territory. Iran rapidly responded and mentioned that the strait “will stay Iranian”.

On Monday, Trump floated a possible US takeover and recommended that it could be a good suggestion.

“I feel it is a fantastic thought. I imply, we management it with the blockade. I like the concept of declaring it a territory. We have now whole management over the Strait. Now, they could be a nuisance; they will put a mine within the water, and other people don’t love having mines hit their billion-dollar ships. However the blockade has been very efficient. Now, possibly that can cease, or possibly it will open up even additional, however we’re taking out thousands and thousands of barrels of oil per week if you happen to take a look at the type of numbers that we’re doing,” Trump mentioned.

Trump has threatened to annex international territory previously too.

Since returning to energy in 2025, he has threatened to make Canada the 51st US state and seize Greenland and has even alluded to taking management of the Gaza Strip with out following by way of on any of those threats.

Trump Says No Talks Or Conversations Going On With Iran

Two hours after posting the map, the US president claimed that no talks with Iran are beneath method or scheduled, contradicting his envoy and son-in-law Jared Kushner, who mentioned on Monday that the US and Iran had been having “very optimistic and energetic conversations”.

“There aren’t any talks or conversations occurring, or scheduled, with the Islamic Republic of Iran. The naval blockade stays in full drive and impact,” Trump wrote on his Fact Social community on Tuesday.

“The Hormuz Strait is open and working. All water mines have been eliminated or detonated.”

Iran has successfully shut down the chokepoint, by way of which a fifth of the world’s oil transits, in retaliation for the warfare Trump began together with Israel in late February.

Iran Calls for US Elevate Blockade To Open Hormuz

The nation’s high negotiator Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf mentioned on Tuesday that the strategic Strait of Hormuz won’t be opened till the USA meets Tehran’s calls for, together with lifting a naval blockade.

“I need to state clearly that the Strait of Hormuz won’t be opened till the American commitments stipulated within the memorandum of understanding… are carried out,” Ghalibaf mentioned in a speech broadcast on state tv.

He listed the removing of the blockade, the lifting of oil sanctions and unfreezing of Iran’s belongings overseas among the many calls for, which had been included in an Iran-US truce in June that later collapsed.

Ghalibaf throughout his speech mentioned Iran was “able to inflict an much more crushing defeat on the enemy, proportionate to its actions and advances”.
 



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *